Aka: the "eight friends stuck in a house" meme from Facebook.
Pick 8 random friends you interact with a lot. (You’re number four.)
OMG IT’S A BSG PARTY. LOL.
These eight people you just picked are stuck in a house with you for a whole year. There is no leaving the house at all until the year is completely up. If you had to choose a person for every question below, write down which person it would be.
A little bit of both. I need to get down and start writing before my mind starts taking me into plotting mode. It usually depends on the characters and the plot - if I've got something complex in mind, I'll have to plan it out. Otherwise, it's just where my fingers take me.
Depends on the character. Most I map out in my mind, but I usually don't remember it until I start writing. There are a few characters that just get revealed to me, but those are rare.
I know their conflicts, not their goals or what makes them tick. The latter only get revealed as I go.
Neutral. I don't like using charts, but I do like the pointers. Now, if the book was about plots to take over the world... ;]
Both. More procrastination than not, though. Itches come, but I only act on it if I don't want to play in Photoshop.
Depends. In November it's the latter. Elsewhere it's the former.
Night owl writer.
Music. Preferably music with the same mood that I'm trying to convey.
Computer. I type faster than I write and when I write hurriedly the letters are loopy and messed up.
Depends on the story. Sometimes I know the ending; other times I just keep my mind open and let the plot run.
Vampire romances? No. Although them vamps are a very interesting topic to muse and drabble around with. I'm thinking of doing a vampire story for NaNo. (or a past lives one)
LOVE IT LIKE WOAH. Editing owns my soul because I love to snark at my own handiwork (and others' too).
Total Length of Songs: 1.1 Days
Sort by song title
First song: "Adagio" by Secret Garden
Last song: "20/20" by Alanis Morisette
Sort by time
Shortest song: "Gretchen Ross" by Micheal Andrews (0:47)
Longest song: "Assault on the Colony" by Bear McCreary feat. Raya Yarbrough (15:08)
Sort by album
First song: "Everything Else Disappears" by Sister Hazel
Last song: "It's Not My Time" by 3 Doors Down
Top 10 most played songs
"Roslin and Adama" by Bear McCreary
"Somewhere in Time" by John Barry
"The John Dunbar Theme" by John Barry
"Antebellum" by Vienna Teng
"From the Heart" by X-Ray Dog
"Promise" by Kai
"Admiral and Commander" by Bear McCreary
"Close Your Eyes" by Christophe Beck
"None Can Die" by Anne Dudley
"Another Now" by Kate Alexa
(There's an overflow of instrumental music here... most likely because I fall asleep to my iPod.)
First 10 songs that come up on shuffle
"Dear Mr. President" by P!ink
"Don't Dream It's Over" by Sixpence None The Richer
"Buttons" by Pussycat Dolls
"In This Life" by Delta Goodrem
"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield
"Somewhere Out There" by Our Lady Peace
"Better In Time" by Leona Lewis
"An Easterly View" by Bear McCreary
"20/20" by Alanis Morisette
"Fantasy" by Mariah Carey
"sex" - how many songs come up?: 1
"love" - how many songs come up?: 57
"you" - how many songs come up?: 45
"death" - how many songs come up?: none, but "dead" gets two results
"hate" - how many songs come up?: 3
"wish" - how many songs come up?: 3
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me!"
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will post the answers to the questions (and the questions themselves) on your blog or journal.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. And thus the endless cycle of the meme goes on and on and on...
( interview me! )
In other news... Mrs. F said something totally epic today.
"You can mess with me - but leave my kid out of it."
EPIC WIN. It's so badass. ;]
Here are ten (general) fandom pet peeves of mine.
- Vampires popping up in stories they should stay away from. Not just those sparkly guys from Twilight, but ALL types of vampires infiltrating ALL fandoms. Seriously? Was it necessary to make Laura fall in love with Edward frakking Cullen?
- Mary Sues. Evilest of all evil character types. I hate it when a character can be pretty and smart and talented and OMGSPESHUL at the same time. I hate it when a character gets his/her way for no reason whatsoever. Especially when the whole story is just said character getting their way after way after way. There's no plot.
- DOM/sub relationship dynamics in a fic using a pairing with an equal sharing of power. The characters are most likely Out of Character. I especially hate Wimp!Laura and Evil!Bill. Where in all of BSG did you see Laura being a sniveling weakling? That's Gaius Baltar's schtick, kay? So stop frakking with Laura and Bill's characters like that.
- Smushed ship names. There are some that I can stand/like, but on the whole, NO NO NO. "Adamalin" sounds like a drug. "Rodama" sounds like a fantasy character. "Adoslin" sounds like Hitler gone wrong (or at least wronger than he already was). Nuff said? Nuff said.
- "R/R PLZ NO FLAMEZ!!11!!!" Oh, shut up, Suethor. There has never been a goodfic writer who put this in their summary. It detracts from the actual summary and is basically a shout-out to the crowd: "I SERIOUSLY SUCK AT WRITING BUT IF YOU READ THIS SHIT DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME AN ASSHAT OR I WILL SIC MY INTERNET LAWYERS ON YOU!1!!!!"
- Going with that train of thought - people who say they welcome constructive criticism but flip out at any criticism offered. Seriously? You just told us you want to make your story better but when we give you tips you consider that a blow to your already fragile ego? We're not trying to persecute you or anything; we're frakking trying to help.
- Crazy ubershippers who basically declare that their ship is Teh Holy and all other ships can go to hell. Gaius F. Baltar, I don't frakking care. I know that Adama/Roslin is cute and Canon and stuff, but that's not grounds to denounce Roslin/Baltar.
- Fics in the vein of "Celebrian", where the women are sexually degraded and molested and the guys all have freaking huge penises. Uh, no thank you. I'll go and read something that won't make me want to go after you and castrate you with my bare hands, kay?
- Thanksgiving/Fourth of July in England/Middle-earth/Narnia/Galactica. Even IF I do live in the US and I have a sense of patriotism, I think this is utterly ridiculous and Canon-shattering. The US is not everywhere and there are people who don't celebrate those holidays. (le gasp!)
- People taking one character and mushing it with another and calling the result an original character. Ever heard of Sonichu? No? Good. He's the brainchild of an autistic 25-year-old man-child who draws like he's in kindergarten and videotapes himself having sex with a blow-up doll and putting it on YouTube. Autism and all other disabilities do not waive asshattery. I've got flisters with bipolar disorder who write the best fics ever. Anyhow, back to the main peeve. Sonichu is a supposed Original Character and guess who the inspirations are? Sonic and Pikachu. Here, have a barf bag.
So there are some of my pet peeves. I know, I must be such an evil person who can't understand the meaning of free speech. Well, this is free speech, too.
Name your 10 absolutely favorite couples (het/slash/canon/fanon) and ask people to see what trends they notice about your couples. Try to pick different fandoms.
- Laura Roslin/Bill Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
- Aragorn/Arwen Undomiel (Lord of the Rings)
- Caspian X/Susan Pevensie (Chronicles of Narnia)
- Harry Potter/Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
- Bella Swan/Edward Cullen (Twilight)
- Draco Malfoy/Ginevra Weasley (Harry Potter)
- Leland Adama/Kara Thrace (Battlestar Galactica)
- Legolas Thranduillion/Arwen Undomiel (Lord of the Rings)
- Artemis Fowl/Holly Short (Artemis Fowl)
- Samuel T. Anders/Kara Thrace (Battlestar Galactica)
In Real Life news...
~We're doing a votes simulation in History class. There are political parties, rallies, Meet the Press, and basically the whole shindig. I'm in Peace and Freedom, which is even more liberal than a Democrat. Go me.
~Our PAF group did tie-dye shirts today and I stained my hands green on accident. I pretended to be Elphaba on purpose.
~I'm not going to be able to make it to the Envelope Screening series because of school issues. Go figure. T.T Mary and EJO, why must you guys come over on a school night? WHYYYYYYY?!? And why Los Angeles?